Welcome to my Blog
This is a place where the visitors are confronted with their search for a personal touch and where they have an opportunity to get acquainted with a skilled expert, who has turned durability and tradition into a personal passion.
I hope this will become a valued and rich source of inspiration and knowledge. Please Leave comments and enjoy your visit. Please note text and pictures on this blog are Copyright protected.

Saturday 10 August 2013

HERALDIC WOODCARVING | A Family Coat of Arms carved in wood | 100.000 views on YouTube


 Family Coat of arms 
Carved in Wood



“Heraldic wood carving”

On November 22nd 2009 I posted my first educational wood carving video on YouTube. The idea behind my YouTubechannel  was to acquaint people with the art of wood carving, traditional craftsmanship, and to highlight the wide and diverse range of applications of  ornamental  woodcarving.


At first I was a bit skeptical about promoting my work on YouTube. I wasn’t immediately convinced about the use and added value of this “new medium”. 
However, gradually this YouTube channel gained more and more popularity across the globe. 
Indeed, YouTube has proven to be a valuable tool, which has enabled me to familiarize people with the métier of wood carving, and the complexity of artisanal craftsmanship.

100.000 views on Youtube









In August 2013 my first YouTube video reached 100.000 views, and needless to say I am very proud of that. As the contents of my uploads are strictly of a explorative or educational, rather than of a senseless mainstream nature, I am convinced that reaching 100.000 views is quite an recognition.


This particular video shows the various stages of carving a Family Crest in limewood. I truly enjoy the feedback, and going through the viewer comments.

 Thanks!

Heraldic woodcarver Patrick Damiaens


100 000 views on Youtube
Heraldic Woodcarving



https://www.patrickdamiaens.info

Translation, Koen Verhees

No comments:

Post a Comment