Welcome to my Blog
This is a place where the visitors are confronted with their search for a personal touch and where they have an opportunity to get acquainted with a skilled expert, who has turned durability and tradition into a personal passion.
I hope this will become a valued and rich source of inspiration and knowledge. Please Leave comments and enjoy your visit. Please note text and pictures on this blog are Copyright protected.

Tuesday 11 August 2015

100.000 views on YOUTUBE | Carving a Rococo ornament in oak | Patrick Damiaens ornamental Woodcarver from Belgium

Carving a Rococo ornament in oak


100.000 views on YouTube.
Carving a Rococo ornament in oak
___________________________
_________________________
On November 22nd 2009 I posted my first educational wood carving video on YouTube. The idea behind my YouTubechannel  was to acquaint people with the art of wood carving, traditional craftsmanship, and to highlight the wide and diverse range of applications of  ornamental  woodcarving.


At first I was a bit skeptical about promoting my work on YouTube. I wasn’t immediately convinced about the use and added value of this “new medium”. 

However, gradually this YouTube channel gained more and more popularity across the globe. 

Indeed, YouTube has proven to be a valuable tool, which has enabled me to familiarize people with the métier of wood carving, and the complexity of artisanal craftsmanship.

100.000 views on Youtube
My first youtube movie reached 100.000 views in August 2013, with the educational movie 'Heraldic Woodcarving' and needless to say I was very proud of that. Now a few years later, again another small movie 'Patrick Damiaens at the Museum Vrijhof in Maastricht' reached his 100.000 views. It was published in March 2012.
As the contents of my uploads are strictly of a explorative or educational, rather than of a senseless mainstream nature, I am convinced that reaching 100.000 views is quite an recognition.

This particular video shows the various stages of carving a Rococo ornament carved in oak. I truly enjoy the feedback, and going through the viewer comments.

 Thanks!
 From our youtube channel
'Patrick Damiaens at the Museum Vrijhof in Maastricht'


https://www.patrickdamiaens.info

LINK to our FB page

No comments:

Post a Comment